1. My salary expectations
were met with the job I received after graduating from WMU.
2. I work in a job closely
related to my undergraduate WMU degree.
For Items 3 - 16, rate WMU's effectiveness in preparing you to:
3. Apply knowledge of math,
science, engineering and technology.
4. Design and conduct experMFEnts
and/or analyze and interpret data, and apply results.
5. Design a system or process
to meet desired needs.
6. Function well on
7. Formulate and solve
engineering or technological problems.
8. Communicate orally,
informally, and in prepared talks.
9. Communicate in
10. Understand professional,
ethical, and social responsibilities.
Please use the following scale in rating the following items:
4=Consistently exceeds expectations, 3=Often exceeds expectations
2=Usually meets expectations, 1=Does not meet expectations, NA=not applicable
11. Apply current knowledge
and adapt to emerging applications.
12. Function in culturally
and ethnically diverse environments.
13. Use computing technology
14. Use computing technology
in engineering analysis and design.
15. Think critically and
16. Engage in life long
learning and self-critique.
16. a. How many continuing education or professional
development credits/units (CEU or PDU) have you taken?
16. b. How many unique or individual courses or
seminars have you taken or participated over the past 5 years?
16. c. Do you belong to a professional organization or
16. d. Which professional group do you belong to:
16. e. How many meetings of these groups do you attend.
16. f. Annual average number of meetings attended:
16. g. Cumulative number of meetings attended
over the past 5 years:
17. What is the strongest
skill or ability you bring to your company from your WMU undergraduate
17. b.What do you feel is your competency level compared to graduates of other similar programs who hold jobs similar to yours, or who have\ responsibilities comparable to yours? My competency level is:
About the same
Lower than graduates from the same program
18. What is the weakest skill
or ability you bring to your company from your WMU undergraduate
18. b Based upon any identified weakness (identified or perceived), what supplemental education did you need or did your employer require of you that you are planning to obtain or that you have already acquired, please list:
19. Do you have a specific
recommendation to help improve the undergraduate WMU program that you
20. Would you recommend the
undergraduate WMU program that you completed to a friend or relative?
21. What sector describes
your primary business activity?
22. What is your current job
23. What is your current
24. Identify any professional
certifications or licenses (PE, CMfgE/T, etc.) you currently hold.
24.a Did you take the SME CMfgT Exam:
24.b Did you pass the SME CMfgT exam?
24.c Did you take the SME CMfgE Exam:
24.d Did you pass the SME CMfgE exam?
25. Identify any advanced
degrees you either hold or are pursuing.
26. In what year did you
complete your undergraduate degree at WMU?
27. Which one of the
following undergraduate degree programs did you complete at WMU?
28. Other Comments?
Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo MI 49008
269-276-3246 | 269-276-3257 Fax
Copyright © 2010 Western Michigan University, All Rights ReservedContact the CEAS Webmaster