The military offers a variety of VA educational benefits. Western Michigan University accepts the Post-9/11 GI Bill, the Montgomery GI Bill, and the Yellow Ribbon Program. If you are interested in details about the costs of attending the college of aviation, or how to initiate your benefits in general, please contact the VA, or Western Michigan University's Veterans Affairs Representative:
Veteran’s Affairs Representative
Office of the Registrar
3210 Seibert Administration Building
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
*Please note that Brenda is not an employee of the VA, but WMU. Brenda processes all VA educational benefits paperwork for Western Michigan University.
Mongtgomery GI Bill
- For information about the Montgomery GI Bill, please click here for active duty.
- For information about the Montgomery GI Bill, please click here for Reservists.
Post-9/11 GI Bill
- For information about the Post-9/11 GI Bill, please click here.
- For information about the Yellow Ribbon Program, please click here. Western Michigan University does participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA)
- Actively drilling members of the Reserve and National Guard that are not receiving the GI Bill, Post-9/11 GI or Yellow Ribbon incentives may apply for FTA.
- In order to apply for FTA, you will need a CAC card reader. One can be found at the ROTC Computer lab.
- Click here for information on how to apply to an FTA program that corresponds with your branch of service.