Participation in the Social Justice Book Bowl is open to all middle and high school students. The competition teams are structured by grade levels: grade six, grades seven and eight, grades nine and 10 and grades 11 and 12. Interested students should:
- develop a team of four students according to the grade levels, and
- submit a permission form from each team member to the main office.
- To help prepare for the competition, each member of the team will retrieve a copy of the book from the main office or library of your school. Teams will be responsible for reading two books.
Participation in the Social Justice Case Poster Competition is open to all high school students. Participating students should prepare a poster that includes:
- a definition of the issue;
- history of this issue;
- victims of the issue and identify who suffers from the issue;
- discussion of why this is an issue that the larger public should be concerned with;
- discussion of how this issue relates to Dr. King’s legacy; and
- identify ways that they and their audience can get involved with this issue.