The next Horn Day is February 18, 2017. More information will be posted here in the fall.
Horn Day is an annual festival at Western open to anyone who is interested in learning more about the horn. This fun-filled event includes an entire day of horn activities, including a guest artist master class and recital, a solo competition, a recital by the WMU Horn Choir and WMU student soloists, and a chance for all participants to play in the Mass Horn Choir, which rehearses during the day and performs in the final concert.
Past guest artists include:
- William Barnewitz, Principal Horn, Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra
- Michelle Reed Baker, Second Horn, Metropolitan Opera Orchestra and faculty member at The Manhattan School of Music
- Jeff Agrell, Horn Professor at the University of Iowa
- Douglas Hill, Horn Professor at the University of Wisconsin–Madison
- Karl Pituch, Principal Horn, Detroit Symphony Orchestra
- Jesse McCormick, Second Horn, Cleveland Orchestra
- Virtuoso Horn Duo (Kerry Turner and Kristina Mascher, Luxembourg Philharmonic and American Horn Quartet)
- Bernhard Scully, Horn Professor at the University of Illinois (formerly with Canadian Brass and St. Paul Chamber Orchestra)
- John Ericson, Horn Professor at Arizona State University
- Cecilia Kozlowski, “The President’s Own” United States Marine Band
- Jeff Nelsen, Horn Professor at Indiana University & President of International Horn Society (formerly with Canadian Brass)