| WMU News
KALAMAZOO--The retirements of four faculty members were approved by the Western Michigan University Board of Trustees at its Feb. 29 meeting.
Trustees also signed off on one administrative resignation, two professional leaves and one change in department affiliation.
All of the faculty members who are retiring are doing so with emeritus status. Their names, positions, years of continuous service and effective dates of retirement are:
- James Daniels, assistant professor of theatre, 25 years, effective April 30, 2012
- Martin Grant, master faculty specialist of aviation sciences, 13 years, effective Aug. 19, 2012
- Dr. Jaimy Gordon (change in retirement date only), professor of English, 30 years, effective April 30, 2012
- Mary Lu Light, master faculty specialist of English language, 27 years, effective Dec. 31, 2011.
The staff member resigning his administration position only is Scott Garrison, associate dean of University Libraries, effective April 30, 2012.
The faculty members granted professional leaves are:
- Dr. Jue Guo, assistant professor, of comparative religion, effective Aug. 20, 2012, through Aug. 20, 2013
- Dr. Christopher Korth, professor of finance and commercial law, effective Jan. 9 through April 3, 2012.
The change in department affiliation is for Dr. Ann Miles, professor, from anthropology to sociology, effective fall 2012.