KALAMAZOO--HullabaZoo, a full day of do-it-yourself workshops will be held from 1 to 8 p.m. Saturday, April 14, in the Wesley Foundation on the campus of Western Michigan University. The event is open to the public free of charge.
Local vendors will have booths on the main floor of the building, and a series of workshops will be held on the lower level. Live acoustic music will be performed throughout the event.
Workship schedule (subject to change)
- 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. - Screenprinting with Clem
- 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. - Tie-dying with Rory Svekric
(Bring your own 100-percent cotton clothing.)
- 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. - Bike maintenence with TOAD Bicycle Cooperative
- 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. - Community organizing with Marlee Grace of Brave Habits
- 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. - Zine Making with Karen Heerenga of Mixtapers Do It Better
- 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. - "DIY 'til We Die: How and Why We Create Alternatives to Mainstream Culture" with Lori of Sprout Anarchist Collective.
- Marlee Grace
- Homemade is Better - Korrine Wojcik
- Studio Night Flower - Hannah Perkins
- Delanie King
- Storybook Revival - Kelsey Mansberger
- Midnight Muse Collections - Celestina McCormick
HullabaZoo is sponsored by the Peace Center, a WMU registered student organization.