KALAMAZOO--Western Michigan University's Faculty Senate has elected its 2012-14 Executive Board.
Except for the immediate past president, members of the board will serve two-year terms beginning this month.
Faculty Senate Executive Board 2012-14
- President, Dr. William G. Rantz, professor of aviation science
- Vice president, Dr. C. Dennis Simpson, professor of physician assistant and director of the Specialty Program in Alcohol and Drug Abuse
- Past president, Dr. Peter W. Krawutschke, professor of foreign languages (German)
- Director, Dr. Osama Abudayyeh, professor of civil and construction engineering and associate dean for research and graduate programs in the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- Director, Dr. Suzan F. Ayers, associate professor of human performance and health education
- Director, Dr. Richard A. Gershon, professor of communication and co-director of the telecommunications and information management program
- Director, Dr. Alan Rea, professor of business information systems
- Director, Dr. Delores D. Walcott, professor of interdisciplinary health programs
The Faculty Senate shares in governing WMU by formulating, reviewing and providing advice on policies and other matters of institutional concern. In addition to its governing members on the Executive Board, the organization's membership includes faculty senators and representatives from departments across campus as well as some administrators.