KALAMAZOO--Food from more than 30 area restaurants offering a total of nearly 200 items will be featured at the Taste of Kalamazoo Thursday through Saturday, July 26-28, at the Arcadia Creek Festival Place.
Admission is free each day before 4 p.m. Thursday admission is $5 from 4 to 7 p.m. and $8 after 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday admission is $5 from 4 to 7 p.m. and $10 after 7 p.m. Children ages 12 and younger are admitted at no charge.
Gates open at 11 a.m. and close at 12:30 a.m. on Thursday and at 1:30 a.m. on Friday and Saturday.
Food and beverage tickets are priced at 50 cents each with items ranging in price from 50 cents to $4.
Highlights include ice sculpting and a Kalamazoo chefs' "grill off" each day from 3 to 6 p.m. Family events slated for Saturday from noon to 3 p.m. include the Great Duck Race, juggler and comedian Tim Salsbury, music, face painting and pony rides.
Music and entertainment
Thursday, July 26
- 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., The Corn Fed Girls
- 8 to 9:30 p.m., Red Sea Pedestrians
- 10 to 11:30 p.m., Abbey Road
- Between sets, DJ Richard Bowser
Friday, July 27
- Noon to 1:30 p.m., Treading Bleu
- 4 to 5:30 p.m., Seventh Son
- 6 to 7:30 p.m., Stone Thrown
- 8 to 9:30 p.m., Funktion
- 10 to 11:30 p.m., Start Making Sense (Talking Heads tribute)
- Midnight to 1:30 a.m., Illmeasures Chicago featuring Striz, Justin Reed, and Brad Miner (electronic music and dance party)
Saturday, July 28
- Noon to 1:30 p.m., Top Heavy
- 2 to 3:30 p.m., Deep Fried Pickle Project
- 4 to 5:30 p.m., 5 O'Clock Somewhere (Jimmy Buffett tribute)
- 6 to 7:30 p.m., Valerie Barrymore and Foundation of Funk
- 8 to 9:15 p.m., Howard and the White Boys
- 10 to 11:30 p.m., Bop (harvey) Reunion
- Midnight to 1:30 a.m., The Verve Pipe
Taste of Kalamazoo is hosted by the Kalamazoo Jaycees. Visit tasteofkalamazoo.com for more information.