| WMU News
KALAMAZOO—The retirements of three faculty and 14 staff members were approved by the Western Michigan University Board of Trustees at its meeting Wednesday, Dec. 5. All of the faculty members who are retiring are doing so with emeritus status.
Trustees also signed off on three faculty resignations as well as one faculty promotion.
- Dr. Robert J. Balik, associate professor of finance and commercial law, 29 years, effective April 30, 2014
- Dr. John W. Gesink, chair and professor of electrical and computer engineering, 28 years, effective Dec. 31, 2012
- Dr. Christopher M. Korth, professor of finance and commercial law, 23 years, effective Dec. 31, 2017
- Sandra F. Blanchard, director of academic advising in the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences, 43 years, effective Jan. 31, 2013
- Darrel R. Drummond, mainframe programmer in the Office of Information Technology, 40 years, effective April 30, 2013
- Jeorge Fierro, director of outreach in the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, 17 years, effective Oct. 31, 2012
- David A. Glenn, associate vice president for institutional equity in the Office of Institutional Equity, 23 years, effective Dec. 31, 2012
- Gwendolyn Holmes, custodian in building custodial and support services, 19 years, effective March 31, 2013
- Janet G. Liebendorfer, office coordinator in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, 15 years, effective Jan. 31, 2013
- Marsha A. Mahan, academic advisor in the Bronson School of Nursing, 24 years, effective Dec. 31, 2012
- Thomas A. Myers, director of electronic communication in the Office of University Relations, 25 years, effective Dec. 23, 2012
- Thomas W. Norton, manager of chemistry laboratories in the Department of Chemistry, 19 years, effective Jan. 31, 2013
- Susan E. Oole, director of academic advising in the Lee Honors College, 28 years, effective Dec. 31, 2012
- Maria T. Ruelas, clerk in the WMU Bookstore, 15 years, effective Jan. 8, 2013
- Linda S. Stuut, trade clerk in the WMU Bookstore, 13 years, effective Jan. 8, 2013
- Dianne Town, food service stockperson, Valley 1 Dining Service, 16 years, effective Jan. 4, 2013
- Nancy S. Wilson, occupational safety and health specialist in the Department of Public Safety, 12 years, effective Nov. 30, 2012
- Dr. Blair H. Auer, assistant professor of comparative religion, effective Dec. 23, 2012
- Dr. Lee deLisle, associate professor of human performance and health education, effective Aug. 19, 2012
- Brad Gordon, faculty specialist I-professional specialist in interdisciplinary health programs, effective Aug. 19, 2012
The one faculty member being promoted is Dr. Maria E. Gigante, to assistant professor of English, effective Aug. 20, 2012.