KALAMAZOO—Students planning to return to the residence halls for fall 2013 can now sign up for housing. Residence Life has a variety of halls to choose from, and each one has something unique to offer with different room features, living options and learning communities.
In addition to the social and academic benefits of living on campus, students who choose to live in traditional residence halls can take advantage of hall activities, leadership opportunities, 24-hour staffing, a variety of dining choices and more.
2013-14 Residence Life incentives
- The VIP Bronco program through Residence Life offers free intramurals and fitness classes to students living in the residence halls.
- The Second-Year Experience learning community in French Hall focuses on common second-year issues and assists with internship guidance, studying abroad and networking with WMU alumni.
- The Academic Achievement Incentive allows students signing up for a single room to save up to $2,500 for 2013-14 by receiving the lower double rate if their cumulative GPA is 3.25 or higher at the end of spring semester. Students with sophomore status or higher at the start of fall 2013 are eligible. Space is limited, so interested students are encouraged to apply early. Students must go to the Residence Life office in Faunce for a single room.
Students returning to the residence halls for fall 2013 should complete the online housing contract starting on the following dates:
- Same room sign-up begins at noon Jan. 18, 2013
- Same hall/new room sign-up begins at noon Jan. 25, 2013
- New hall sign-up begins at 10 a.m. Feb. 1, 2013
Sign up at wmich.edu/housing/signup/halls.html to take advantage of the many campus living benefits.
For more information, contact the Residence Life office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (269) 387-4735.