KALAMAZOO—Five Western Michigan University staff members received 2012-13 awards from the Administrative Professional Association and the Professional Support Staff Organization during events this spring.
Together, two non-bargaining groups represent WMU employees who are covered under the Staff Compensation System. Both APA's April 18 reception and PSSO's April 19 luncheon recognized the hard work and dedication of these staffers.
Administrative and professional staffers
APA-eligible employees receiving awards, along with the awards earned, were:
- Judith Gipper, director of Dining Services, Outstanding Professional Award for service of five or more years to WMU
- Kerstan L. Ryan, assistant director of annual giving in the Office of Development and Alumni Relations, Outstanding New Professional Award for service of five or fewer years to WMU
- Amy J. Seth, director of recreational programs and facilities in University Recreation, Tony Griffin Award for exceptional service to APA (recipients must be APA members)
Professional support staffers
PSSO members receiving awards for service to PSSO were:
- Crystal Stein, data coordinator for the Science and Mathematics Program Improvement project in the Mallinson Institute for Science Education
- Kimberly M. Feenstra, office associate in the Department of Psychology