KALAMAZOO—Food from 30 area restaurants offering a total of nearly 200 items will be featured at the Taste of Kalamazoo Thursday through Saturday, July 25-27, at the Arcadia Creek Festival Place.
Admission is free each day before 4 p.m. Thursday admission is $3 from 4 to 7 p.m. and $6 after 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday admission is $5 from 4 to 7 p.m. and $8 after 7 p.m. Children ages 12 and younger are admitted at no charge.
Gates open at 11 a.m. and close at 12:30 a.m. on Thursday and at 1:30 a.m. on Friday and Saturday.
Food and beverage tickets are priced at 50 cents each with items ranging in price from 50 cents to $4.
Highlights include a Kalamazoo chefs' cook-off each day. Family events include the Great Duck Race, benefiting Hospice Care of Southwest Michigan, slated for Saturday at 1 p.m. in the waterway outside of the Kalamazoo Valley Museum.
Music and entertainment
Thursday, July 25
- 6 to 7:30 p.m., The Corn Fed Girls
- 8 to 9:30 p.m., Red Sea Pedestrians
- 10 to 11:30 p.m., Revolution: A Tribute to the Fab Four
- Between sets, DJ Richard Bowser
Friday, July 26
- Noon to 1:30 p.m., The Mittenauts
- 4 to 5:30 p.m., Big Boss Blues
- 6 to 7:30 p.m., Kingly T
- 8 to 9:30 p.m., The Diggity
- 10 to 11:30 p.m., Ultraviolet Hippopotamus
- Midnight to 1:30 a.m., Layercake Presents, electric DJs
Saturday, July 27
- Noon to 1:30 p.m., Kari Lynch Band
- 2 to 3:30 p.m., Detroit Circus
- 4 to 5:30 p.m., Joshua Davis Trio
- 6 to 7:30 p.m., Lowdown Brass Band
- 8 to 9:15 p.m., Quinn Sullivan
- 10 to 11:30 p.m., Buddy Guy
- Midnight to 1:30 a.m., Thoretta Davis
Taste of Kalamazoo is hosted by the Kalamazoo Jaycees. Visit tasteofkalamazoo.com for more information.