| WMU News
KALAMAZOO—The retirements of two staff members were approved by the Western Michigan University Board of Trustees at its July 18 meeting.
Trustees also signed off on one faculty promotion and one faculty and one staff resignation as well as the return of three administrators to the faculty and changes in the department affiliation for three faculty members.
The staff members retiring, along with their positions, years of continuous service and effective dates of retirement are:
- Carey F. Baker Jr., a groundskeeper II in Facilities Management-landscape services, 14 years, effective July 31, 2013, and
- Ruth Wagenaar, a custodian in Facilities Management-building custodial and support services, 12 years, effective July 12, 2013.
- The faculty member being promoted is Dr. Jesse M. Smith, from instructor to assistant professor of sociology, effective Aug. 19, 2013.
Faculty and staff resignations
- The faculty member resigning is Dr. Robert L. Anemone, professor of anthropology, effective Aug. 18, 2013.
- The staff member resigning is Diana Vreeland, director of the Center for English Language and Culture for International Students, effective July 12, 2013.
Other personnel changes
The administrators returning to the faculty are:
- Dr. Cathryn Bailey, from associate dean of the College of Arts and Sciences to professor of gender and women's studies, effective July 1, 2013;
- Dr. Linwood Cousins, from director of the School of Social Work to professor of social work, effective Aug. 19, 2013 (change in effective date only); and
- Dr. Linda H. Zoeller, director of the Bronson School of Nursing to professor of nursing, effective July 1, 2013.
The faculty members whose department affiliations changed are:
- Dr. Susan L. Caulfield, from the Department of Sociology to the School of Interdisciplinary Health Programs, effective Aug. 19, 2013;
- Dr. Mark W. St. Martin, from the School of Interdisciplinary Health Programs to the Department of Counselor Education and Counseling Psychology, effective Aug. 25, 2013; and
- Dr. Glinda J. Rawls, from the School of Interdisciplinary Health Programs to the Department of Counselor Education and Counseling Psychology, effective Aug. 25, 2013.