KALAMAZOO—Five candidates for the position of dean of the Western Michigan University College of Engineering and Applied Sciences will visit the campus in the coming weeks for a series of meetings and public presentations.
The successful candidate will replace Dr. Anthony J. Vizzini, who left WMU in mid-2013 to become provost and vice president for academic affairs at Wichita State University.
The candidates, the dates of their campus visits and the times of their public presentation are below. All presentations are in the Parkview Room of the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences building on the Parkview Campus.
- Thursday, April 3, 9 to 10 a.m., Dr. Lizette R. Chevalier, associate dean for undergraduate education and outreach at the University of Southern Illinois-Carbondale's College of Engineering
- Thursday, April 3, 2:15 to 3:15 p.m. Dr. Martha C. Mitchell, associate dean for research at New Mexico State University's College of Engineering
- Friday, April 4, 2:15 to 3:15 p.m., Dr. Charles B. Fleddermann, associate dean for academic affairs and the Gardner-Zemke Professor of Electrical Engineering at the University of New Mexico's School of Engineering
- Tuesday, April 8, 2:15 to 3:15 p.m., Dr. Jenna P. Carpenter, associate dean for undergraduate studies and the Wayne and Juanita Spinks Professor of Mathematics and Statistics at Louisiana Tech University's College of Engineering and Science
- Thursday, April 10, 2:15 to 3:15 p.m. Dr. Cerry M. Klein, Office of the Provost, professor of industrial and manufacturing systems engineering and the Lapierre Professor in the College of Engineering at the University of Missouri
Complete information on the candidates is posted on the website of the provost and vice president for academic affairs at wmich.edu/provost/administrativesearches.html.