KALAMAZOO—Fifteen staff members will be honored as outstanding employees during a reception at 2 p.m. Monday, April 14, in 157 Bernhard Center.
The University community is invited to attend the event, which recognizes the spring 2014 recipients of WMU’s semiannual Make a Difference award. The recipients will each receive $300, before taxes, and a commemorative certificate.
Spring 2014 award winners
- Bonnie Ayers, student financial aid and scholarships
- Mary Lou Brooks, geography
- Shona Drake, Haenicke Institute
- Elena Gaudio, president’s office
- Kevin Hinds, public safety
- Tracey Kauppila, College of Aviation
- Nancy Landsberger, civil and construction engineering
- Edward Maring, maintenance services
- James Oswalt, maintenance services
- Gerald Schulz, maintenance services
- Tammi Smith, College of Arts and Sciences advising
- Debbie Uldriks, Haenicke Institute
- Mariann Vorva, Center for Academic Success Programs
- Paige Warner, First-Year Experience
- Carolyn Wiley, Valley I Dining Service.
Make a Difference awards
The Make a Difference award program is a campuswide peer-to-peer program that recognizes University staff members for their outstanding accomplishments and daily investment of energy and creativity.
Up to 15 staff members may receive the award in each of two semiannual award periods every academic year. Semiannual award winners are eligible to receive one of the four annual Make a Difference awards that come with a before-tax prize of $1,200 and also are presented each academic year.
All award winners are selected by a committee of their peers from the participating employee groups of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees; Michigan State Employees Association; Police Officers Association; and Staff Compensation System, members of which are represented by the Administrative Professional Association and Professional Support Staff Organization.
For more information or for a year-round nomination form, visit wmich.edu/makeadifference.