KALAMAZOO—Except for essential and emergency services, Western Michigan University offices will be closed Monday, May 26, in honor of U.S. Memorial Day. There will be no classes.
Listed below are Memorial Day weekend hours for selected University offices and services. Faculty, students and the public are encouraged to call ahead to make sure that a particular office on campus is open.
For emergencies only, contact WMU Public Safety at (269) 387-5555.
- Many offices, including Admissions, Bronco Express, financial aid, First-Year Experience programs, close at 5 p.m. Friday, May 23, and reopen Tuesday, May 27.
- Bernhard Center computer lab closes at 10 p.m. Friday, May 23; is open normal hours Saturday and Sunday, May 24-25; is closed Monday, May 26; and reopens at 8 a.m. Tuesday, May 27.
- Office of Information Technology Help Desk closes at 5 p.m. Friday, May 23, and reopens at 8 a.m. Tuesday, May 27.
- Sindecuse Health Center, including the pharmacy, is closed Saturday, Sunday and Monday, May 24-26. When Sindecuse Health Center is closed, medical emergencies should be referred to local hospitals or other health care providers.
- Student Recreation Center closes at 6 p.m. Friday, May 23, and reopens at 6 a.m. Tuesday, May 27.
- Unified Clinics closes at 5 p.m. Friday, May 23, and reopens at 8 a.m. Tuesday, May 27.
- University Computing Center lab closes at 5 p.m. Friday, May 23, and reopens at 8 a.m. Tuesday, May 27.
- Waldo Library closes at 6 p.m. Saturday, May 24; and is closed Sunday and Monday, May 25-26. The library resumes normal hours at 8 a.m. Tuesday, May 27.
To reduce energy costs while the University is closed, heating and cooling systems in all office and classroom buildings controlled by the WMU Building Energy Management System will be in holiday mode. Air handlers will not run during this time, unless a space is exempt from the program or the temperature in a particular space goes outside of the range of 60 to 85 degrees. Portions of a particular building that do not normally go into night setback mode will not go into holiday mode.
Employees are reminded to shut off and unplug all non-essential electronics before the long weekend.