| WMU News
KALAMAZOO, Mich.—The Kalamazoo Irish Fest will highlight Celtic bands, artists and cultural activities Friday and Saturday, June 27-28, at the Arcadia Creek Festival Place in downtown Kalamazoo.
The festival runs from 4:30 p.m. to midnight Friday and 10:30 a.m. to midnight Saturday.
Admission is free on Friday from 4:30 to 6 p.m. and on Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to noon. Please bring food donations during this time to benefit Kalamazoo Loaves and Fishes. All other times, admission is $8 and $4 for students with a valid ID. Children 13 and younger are free when they are accompanied by an adult.
Friday, June 27
- 5 p.m., Bog Road.
- 6:20 p.m., Quinn Dancers.
- 6:55 p.m., Bill Grogan's Goat.
- 8:10 p.m., Kalamazoo Pipe Band.
- 8:45 p.m., Fonn Mor.
- 10 p.m., Kalamazoo Pipe Band.
- 10:30 p.m., The Waxies.
Saturday, June 28
- 11:15 a.m., Conklin Celli Band.
- 12:30 p.m., Quinn Dancers.
- 1:05 p.m., Whiskey Before Breakfast.
- 2:10 p.m., Kalamazoo Pipe Band.
- 2:45 p.m., The Tooles.
- 3:50 p.m., Quinn Dancers.
- 4:25 p.m., Dulahan.
- 5:35 p.m., Quinn School of Irish Dance.
- 6:10 p.m., Blackthorn.
- 7:30 p.m., Kalamazoo Pipe Band.
- 8:05 p.m., Ladies of Longford.
- 9:40 p.m., Kalamazoo Pipe Band.
- 10:15 p.m., Belfast Gin.
Other festival favorites include food and marketplace vendors, the Tir na nOg (Land of the Young) Children's Center and Heritage Village. The village features genealogy services, an Irish tearoom, medieval lettering, weaving demonstrations, and various historical presentations and cultural activities.
The Irish American Club of Kalamazoo organizes the annual Irish Fest, which is sponsored by Dimplex Thermal Solutions, Guinness and Results Radio.
For more information, visit kalamazooirish.org/fest.