KALAMAZOO, Mich.—The retirements of seven faculty members and 12 staff members were approved by the Western Michigan University Board of Trustees at its June 10 meeting.
Trustees also signed off on three faculty resignations as well as a change in department affiliation for one faculty member.
All of the faculty members who are retiring are doing so with emeritus status. Their names, positions, years of continuous service and effective dates of retirement are:
- Mary J. Baukus, master faculty specialist of nursing, 13 years, effective July 1, 2015.
- Dr. Daniel J. Farrell, professor of management, 39 years, effective April 30, 2019.
- Dr. Robert J. Leneway, associate professor of educational leadership, research and technology, 18 years, effective May 1, 2016.
- Dr. Elaine L. Phillips, professor of physician assistant and of integrative holistic health and wellness, 27 years, effective Dec. 31, 2014.
- Dr. Roberta J. Schultz, professor of marketing, 15 years, effective Aug. 31, 2014.
- Dennis K. Strasser, associate professor of University Libraries, 23 years, effective Dec. 31, 2014.
- Dr. Jung-Chao Wang, associate professor of statistics, 27 years, effective June 30, 2016.
The staff members retiring are:
- Diane Briggs, first cook in Burnham Dining Service, 15 years, effective April 30, 2014.
- Michael J. Brown, custodian in building custodial and support services, 12 years, effective June 27, 2014.
- David A. Corstange Sr., associate director of athletics, 38 years, effective June 30, 2014.
- Carol L. Farrance, coordinator of conferences in Residence Life, 36 years, effective June 30, 2014.
- Marilyn J. Gillette, assistant director of the WMU Bookstore, 39 years, effective April 13, 2014.
- Kathleen M. Keckler, office coordinator in the Frostic School of Art, 16 years, effective May 31, 2014.
- Nancy King, custodian in building custodial and support services, 18 years, effective May 31, 2014.
- John C. Meyer, groundskeeper I in landscape services, 19 years, effective May 30, 2014.
- Ellen M. Miller, assistant manager of Valley 2 Dining Services, 28 years, effective June 30, 2014.
- Gregory A. Peet, senior library assistant in University Libraries, 15 years, effective July 1, 2014.
- Wayne H. Pushie, director of facilities management services in the Division of Student Affairs, 12 years, effective June 30, 2014.
- Cynthia L. Trout, head coach of women's golf, 15 years, effective June 30, 2014.
Other personnel matters
The faculty members resigning are:
- Dr. Melisa Beeson, assistant professor of public affairs and administration, effective April 29, 2014.
- Caroline Gore, associate professor of art, effective May 15, 2014.
- Amy M. Gyorkos, faculty specialist II–lecturer of human performance and health education, effective Aug. 20, 2014.
The change in department affiliation was for:
- Tim Ready, from the Department of Anthropology to the Department of Sociology, effective May 1, 2014