KALAMAZOO, Mich.—Three members of the Western Michigan University Alumni Association Board of Directors were elected to serve one-year terms as officers on the association's 2014-15 Board of Directors, effective July 1.
In addition, four association members were newly elected to serve one-year terms on the board's Executive Committee.
New or returning officers
- President—Mark Andrew Jackson of Story City, Iowa, city administrator for Story City. Jackson earned a Bachelor of Arts and a Master of Public Administration from WMU in 1987 and 1991, respectively. First elected to the WMU Alumni Association board in 2010, he has previously served two years on the Executive Committee. Jackson also has served as a member of the Distinguished Alumni, Legacy Scholarship and By-laws committees. He is serving a second term as president.
- Vice President—Mercedes Varasteh Dordeski of Beverly Hills, attorney in the health care law and False Claims Act practice groups of Foley Mansfield's Detroit and Grand Rapids offices. Dordeski earned a B.A. from WMU in 2003. She was elected to the board in 2009, and has chaired the association's Legacy Scholarship Committee. She is serving a second term as vice president.
- Treasurer—Jennifer L.B. Lentner of Kalamazoo, senior director, marketing communications for Stryker Instruments. Lentner earned a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from WMU in 1996. She previously has served as a member of the Executive and Distinguished Alumni committees.
New Executive Committee members
- Mark Alan Jackson of West Bloomfield, global director process systems for General Motors LLC, Bachelor of Business Administration from WMU in 1981.
- Jeanne La Mere of Marietta, Georgia., director of curriculum development for OnCourse Learning in Atlanta, B.A., Master of Arts and Doctor of Philosophy from WMU in 1985, 1990 and 1993, respectively.
- Joel Schipper of Grand Rapids, supply chain manager for Irwin Seating Co. in Grand Rapids, BBA from WMU in 2003.
- Randy Watkins of Lansing, retired, Bachelor of Social Work and MPA from WMU in 1976 and 1985, respectively.
WMU Alumni Association
The WMU Alumni Association works through the Office of Development and Alumni Relations to serve the University's graduates and foster an alumni community that is inclusive, connected and engaged. The association's signature programs include the Distinguished Alumni Award and the Legacy Scholarship.
For more information about the association, including its board of directors, visit mywmu.com.