| WMU News
KALAMAZOO, Mich.—A 2-mile run, gift card giveaway and pancake breakfast are some of the activities planned Monday through Saturday, Nov. 6-11, in recognition of Veterans Day on the campus of Western Michigan University.
Sponsored by the Office of Military and Veterans Affairs, the events mark the availability of WMU's first Universitywide "unit" T-shirt for military students. Proceeds support the office's military scholarship, and a portion of sales will go to Silver Star Apartments in Battle Creek, which provides low- to no-cost housing for homeless veterans. Shirts cost $10 and are available from XS to XXL. Pre-order shirts now.
Veterans Week Events and promotions
Monday, Nov. 6
- "Pay Day" doughnuts in the Military Student Lounge, 1304 Ellsworth Hall, begins at 8 a.m. Doughnuts will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Unit T-shirt day. Wear a unit T-shirt or get a new "Continue the Mission" WMU military T-shirt.
Wednesday, Nov. 8
- Military Appreciation Night at Waldo Stadium: WMU vs. Kent State. 7 p.m. Register for additional tickets.
Friday, Nov. 10
- Vet Day Fun Run at 7:30 a.m. Starting point is at the flagpoles by Kanley Chapel. The run is a 2-mile formation run with cadence calling. All military students, faculty, staff and military supporters are welcome to participate.
- Immediately following the run, breakfast will be provided in 1353 Ellsworth Hall.
- A cake for celebrating the Marine Corps' birthday will be available in 1353 Ellsworth during breakfast. Cake is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Saturday, Nov. 11
- Kalamazoo Symphony Orchestra is providing two free tickets to every veteran for a performance at Miller Auditorium. Show begins at 8 p.m. Call Miller Auditorium's box office at (269) 387-2300 to reserve tickets.
For more information, visit wmich.edu/military/veterans-week-2017.
For more WMU news, arts and events, visit wmich.edu/news.