Join Our Mailing List

Join our mailing list

Please click the gold button to request information from WMU. If you are unsure of your undergraduate student type, please review the list below and select the appropriate one on the form.

Undergraduate student types

  • Freshmen:  a high school student or high school graduate who has not attended college
  • Transfer: completed one or more semesters at a community college or four-year college
  • Guest: an undergraduate student currently enrolled at another college seeking guest student status at WMU
  • High School Dual Enrollee: a high school student seeking to take classes at WMU while enrolled in high school
  • Second Bachelor's Degree: already have a bachelor‘s degree and wish to obtain a second bachelor‘s degree
  • Initial Teacher Certification (post bachelor's): already have a bachelor's degree from a four-year accredited college or university and wish to obtain your initial Michigan teacher certificate
  • Returning: previously attended WMU or applied within the past two years but never enrolled, or if you were academically dismissed
  • Non-Degree: not seeking a degree and only wish to take classes.
  • Senior Citizen's Opportunity Program in Education (SCOPE):62 years of age or older and seeking non-degree status

Other student types

  • Graduate students: If you are interested in master‘s, specialist, doctoral, or certificate programs.

  • International students: If you are not a United States citizen and do not have an I-551 Permanent Resident Card or have asylum or refugee status please follow this link for further information.


Note: Students who want to register for credit are not eligible for SCOPE. Depending on the level of study you choose to pursue, please refer to: