High school students in the greater Kalamazoo area who have demonstrated the potential for success in college and have the approval of their high school principal may be eligible to enroll in WMU classes. Western Michigan University considers current high school students for dual enrollment who meet the following criteria.
- Freshman through junior with an overall grade point average of at least a 3.50, or senior with an overall grade point average of at least a 3.25
- Freshman through senior with an overall grade point average of at least a 2.75.
- Receive a qualifying score on a standardized test
- Meet the criteria established by your school system for dual enrollment eligibility, and
- Have the permission of your school and parent or guardian.
Additional information about dual enrollment can be found under the Office of Pre-College Programming's new website.