To apply to the Bronson School of Nursing at Western Michigan University, follow these instructions.
- Apply to Western Michigan University and declare "Pre-Nursing" as intended major.
- Request the official transcripts be sent to the WMU Office of Admissions.
- Submit the completed R.N.-B.S.N. application to the Bronson School of Nursing.
- Send a copy of current registered nurse license to the WMU Bronson School of Nursing.
- Request an appointment with an R.N.-B.S.N. academic advisor by calling (269) 387-8150.
- Academic credit from associate degree or diploma programs will be awarded credit on a course-by-course basis in accordance with WMU policies for prior general education, science and electives. Nursing transfer credits will be held in escrow and transferred upon completion of NUR 3400.
- Complete prerequisite courses as necessary.
Once you have complete the application process and have been accepted into the R.N.-B.S.N. progression track, contact Tracy Corstange at email@example.com or (269) 387-8150 to determine or confirm a plan of study. The sequencing of the nursing curriculum is critical. Students must complete designated course requirements for each level in the nursing program before progressing to the next level. Please review the R.N.-B.S.N. curriculum for more information regarding course sequencing.
To remain in good standing within the R.N.-B.S.N. progression track, students must achieve a grade of C or better in all nursing courses and maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or above.
Admission criteria and Prerequisite courses
- Achieved a minimum B (3.0) cumulative grade point average from the institution where the associate degree was earned.
- Hold or receive a current registered nurse license no later than three months after beginning the program.
- FCS 2250 or CIS 1020: Computer Literacy, 3 credits
- College-level writing course (English), 3 or 4 credits
- Mathematics/elective (algebra), 3 credits