- Apply to Western Michigan University and declare "pre-nursing" as intended major.
- Request that official transcripts be sent to the WMU Office of Admissions.
- If transferring prerequisite courses, request an appointment with an academic advisor by calling (269) 387-2656. Confirm equivalencies (with advisor) or complete the pre-nursing program curriculum courses (see below).
- Complete the Bronson School of Nursing application once prerequisites are completed.
To be considered for admission students must:
- Complete all of the courses in the pre-nursing program curriculum (or equivalencies) with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (B), have an overall GPA of at least 3.0 (B), and individual course grades with a minimum grade of C (2.0) or above.
- Earn an average grade of B (3.0) or above in the four science prerequisite courses (or equivalencies); each prerequisite course may only be repeated once. Only the second grade will be considered in the admission decision.
Applications for the fall semester are due by March 1; application for the spring semester are due by Oct. 1.
Pre-nursing program curriculum prerequisite courses
- CHEM 1510, 1520: Chemistry for Health Professionals I, 4 credits
- CHEM 1530, 1540: Chemistry for Health Professionals II, 4 credits
- BIOS 1910: Introduction to Human Biology and Anatomy, 4 credits
- BIOS 2400: Human Physiology, 4 credits
- ENGL 1050: College-Level Writing, 4 credits
- SOC 2000: Principles of Sociology, 3 credits
- HSV 2250: Growth, Development and Aging, 3 credits
- FCS 2250 or CIS 1020: Computer Literacy, 3 credits
- PSY 1000: General Psychology, 3 credits
Total credits: 32