Since 1922, the occupational therapy program at WMU has been a leader and innovator in the field, and our graduates have made significant contributions throughout the nation and the world. In 2017 we celebrate our 95th Anniversary, commemorating a tradition of excellence and committing to a bold future.
Historically, occupational therapists have been in high demand, and that demand is rising. New professionals are needed, particularly those skilled in working with the growing population of older adults. In that area and many others, WMU occupational therapy graduates have distinct advantages:
- 4 + 1 bachelor's/master's program, a fast track to professional practice.
- Graduate professional program, available in Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids.
- Access to the WMU Center for Gerontology.
- Award winning and experienced faculty committed to teaching excellence, scholarship and service.
- Marion R. Spear OT Clinic, high quality clinical preparation right next door.