Apply to the Professional Master's Degree Program
Minimum application requirements/prerequisites
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Documented cccuptational therapy experience.
- All prerequisites must be completed at the time of application with the exception of OT 2020- which must currently be enrolled in at the time of application.
- OT 2250/HSV 2250: Growth, Development & Aging
- PSY 1000: General Psychology
- PSY 2500: Abnormal Psychology
- BIOS 2100 or OT 2000/2010 Human Anatomy
- BIOS 2400: Human Physiology
- ENGL 1050: Thought and Writing
- OT 2020: Orientation to OT
- Minimum GPA of 3.00 calculated from the most recent 60 credit hours completed
How to apply
- Apply to Western Michigan University for graduate study and to the Department of Occupational Therapy.
- Send official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended to the WMU Admissions Office in time to be processed prior to the department deadline
Application due date: Feb. 1
Professional Masters Degree Program Application
Graduate admission process
Upon receipt of a complete and signed application, the department will:
- Calculate each applicant's GPA
- Review and score applications of applicants with a GPA above the minimum
- Rank total application scores (highest to lowest) for all applicants
- Admit applicants with the highest total application scores to fill the class (the average GPA for those admitted for fall 2013 was 3.70)
- Place a small number of applicants on a waiting list