Minimum application requirements and prerequisites
Current Western Michigan University and transfer students
- Documented occupational therapy experience
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 from WMU or transfer institution
- WMU Department of Occupational Therapy application
- Send official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended to the WMU admissions office in time to be processed prior to the department deadline
- All prerequisites must be completed at the time of application with the exception of OT 2020, which must currently be enrolled in at the time of application
- OT 2250/HSV 2250: Growth, Development and Aging
- PSY 1000: General Psychology
- PSY 2500: Abnormal Psychology
- BIOS 2100 or OT 2000/2010 Human Anatomy
- BIOS 2400: Human Physiology
- ENGL 1050: Thought and Writing
- OT 2020: Orientation to OT
Application due dates
Fall admission: Jan. 31
Spring admission: Sept. 1
Undergraduate admission process
Upon receipt of a complete and signed application, the department will:
- Calculate each applicant's GPA.
- Review and score applications of applicants with a GPA above the minimum. The average GPA for those admitted for fall 2013 was 3.75.
- Rank total application scores (highest to lowest) for all applicants.
- Admit applicants with the highest total application scores to fill the class.
- Place a small number of applicants being placed on a waiting list .