Annual review for Ph.D. students in the Department of Political Science
- Evaluation - (for faculty use)
Application for directed readings, independent study and field experience
- Application - (for PSCI 5980, 7100, or 7120)
Application for thesis or dissertation credit
- Application - (for PSCI 7000 or 7300). If it is the first time you are applying for thesis or dissertation credit, the form must be completed and turned in to the office one week before registration closes.
Applications for exams
Thesis and dissertation committees
Funding renewal process for doctoral associates and graduate assistants
Doctoral associateships and graduate assistantships are awarded for one year only (except in those cases where it is stipulated as a single semester only). Students must apply for renewal every year. Although it is the department's intention to fund students for as long as they are eligible, continued funding is dependent on performance, both in the program and in assigned work, and department needs.
Funded students must apply for renewal by the annual Feb. 15 deadline and follow these steps:
- Complete the application for graduate assistantship/associateship.
- Download the Department of Political Science reference form.
- Have three current or recent professors fill out reference forms and notify them that references are due by Feb. 15 in the department office.
- Write a 250-word statement about your plans (both for research and field interests and career development) as they have evolved during the course of your study.
- For funding renewal, you do not need to turn in transcripts.
- Turn in the application form and the statement to the department office by Feb. 15.
If you have any questions, see the graduate coordinator, Genevieve Ludwig.