Applications for admission are welcomed for the Master of Arts program in the Department of Political Science at Western Michigan University.
The Department of Political Science at Western Michigan University requires all graduate applicants:
- To have completed at least 24 hours of coursework in the social sciences (anthropology, economics, history, political science and sociology) or other relevant fields.
- Have an overall grade point average of at least 3.0 in the last two years of undergraduate coursework.
- To hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
The department may require the student to make up deficiencies in undergraduate preparation.
WMU has a new online graduate application system that allows all students (domestic and international) to submit required information into one system. General application information for the University, as well as specific requirements for individual programs, are captured into this system.
Applicants are asked to include some program-specific information, with a summary for these requirements for the Master of Arts here. Applicants are encouraged to bookmark this information for quick reference while working through the graduate application process.
Application deadlines for admission (citizens and permanent residents only):
- Fall semester deadline: June 15; term begins late August.
- Spring semester deadline: Nov. 1; term begins early January.
The application deadline for graduate assistantships and associateships:
- Feb. 1—There is only one application deadline per year. Applicants wishing to be considered for funding must also have their admissions application completed by the February 1 deadline.
English language instruction for international students
International students may enroll in the WMU Career English Language Center for International Students until the required TOEFL score for academic enrollment is achieved.