Applications for admission are welcomed for the Master of International Development Administration Program in the Department of Political Science at Western Michigan University.
WMU has a new online graduate application system that allows all students (domestic and international) to submit required information into one system. General application information for the University, as well as specific requirements for individual programs, are captured into this system.
Applicants are asked to include some program-specific information, with a summary for these requirements for the Master of International Development found here. Applicants are encouraged to bookmark this information for quick reference while working through the graduate application process.
Thank you for your interest in applying for this graduate program.
Application deadlines for admission (citizens and permanent residents only):
- Fall semester deadline: June 15; term begins late August.
- Spring semester deadline: Nov. 1; term begins early January.
The application deadline for graduate assistantships and associateships:
- Feb. 1—There is only one application deadline per year. Applicants wishing to be considered for funding must also have their admissions application completed by the February 1 deadline.
MIDA/Peace Corp applicants
Simultaneously apply for admission to the Peace Corps, (800) 424-8580, when applying to the MIDA program and note:
- On the MIDA application that you wish to enroll in the Peace Corps option.
- On the Peace Corps application that you are applying for the Master's of International Development Administration at WMU. Applicants accepted into the MIDA program are advised to postpone registering for classes until their Peace Corps recruiter has nominated them.
English language instruction for international students
International students may enroll in the WMU Career English Language Center for International Students program until the required TOEFL score for academic enrollment is achieved.