Declare a Major
Declaring a behavioral science major, general psychology major, or psychology minor
To successfully declare
- A behavioral science major, you must have completed the following five courses with a grade of “B” or better: PSY 1000, PSY 1400, PSY 1600, PSY 3000, and PSY 3300.
- A general psychology major, you must have completed the following three courses with a grade of “C” or better: PSY 1000, PSY 1400, and PSY 1600.
- The old psychology major, you must have completed the following three courses with a grade of “C” or better: PSY 1000, PSY 1600, and PSY 2500.
- A psychology minor, you must have completed the following two courses with a grade of “C” or better: PSY 1000 and PSY 1600
To prevent problems with registration or graduation auditing, you should declare your major or minor immediately upon completion of these courses.
To declare your major or minor online, send the undergraduate advisor an email () from your WMU email account and include the following:
- WIN number
- Cell phone or current number
- Please indicate in the subject line if you need your slip to have your graduation audit done
- Whether you are declaring the major or minor
- Declaring the old general, behavior science, or new general psychology major: Be sure to also indicate whether you are a double major and what you are double majoring in.
- Declaring a psychology minor: Be sure to also indicate any other minors you have as well as your current major.
Please Note: Any missing or inaccurate information above will delay processing of your major/minor request.
Upon receiving all above information, the Undergraduate Advisor will send you an email with your major/minor slip in a pdf file if you are eligible to declare. Changes in your major or minor status may not be reflected until the following semester.