Important to Students employed by WMU

For W-2 purposes you must also change your address through Human Resources. You may contact them by either emailing the address change to (include your social security number) or call (269) 387-3620.

Changes in Student Name and Address

To change your name

Print affidavit form, return completed, notarized form to the Registrar's Office.

By mail

Registrar’s Office
Western Michigan University
1903 W. Michigan Avenue
Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5256

In person

Registrar’s Office
Seibert Administration Building

Faxed forms will not be accepted.

  • Academic records at Western Michigan University are permanently maintained by student name.
  • Name changes will not be made for an inactive student.
  • A student may maintain academic records under the name used at the time of admission. There is NO requirement that a student must make a name change.
  • A student may use or change to a legal name. Each name used at WMU will remain on the permanent record. Legal proof is required (Ex: marriage license, divorce papers, driver's license).

To update your address

  • login to GoWMU using your Bronco NetID and password,
  • click on 'View/update My Personal Information',
  • click on 'View/Update Addresses and Phones,
  • OR come in to the Registrar's Office with ID

Each Western Michigan University student is responsible for maintaining a correct mailing address with the University.


If no billing address is indicated, this address is used for all refunds. Mail is sent to the local address fall/spring semesters. With the exception, that during holidays, information will be sent to the permanent address.

Home or permanent

This address is used for all tuition bills. Monthly statements for enrolled students are available on the web site. All monthly statements for non-enrolled students will be mailed to the home address.


This address supersedes all other addresses for bills and refunds for all terms. Billing address is only necessary when:

  • The permanent and local addresses on student records are the same, however, the bills and refunds should be sent to a different address.
  • Permanent and local addresses are different and the bill and refund should always go to one of these or another address.

Visit related WMU sites

There is a lot more to see! Visit some of our friends at WMU to learn about academics, costs of attendance, and campus life.

Office of the Registrar
1903 W Michigan Ave
Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5256 USA
269 387-4300 | 269 387-3545