Name and Address Change
To change your name
Print affidavit form, return completed, notarized form to the Registrar's Office.
Office of the Registrar
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5256
Third Floor, Seibert Administration Building
Faxed or emailed forms will not be accepted.
- Academic records at Western Michigan University are permanently maintained by student name.
- Name changes will not be made for an inactive student.
- A student may maintain academic records under the name used at the time of admission. There is NO requirement that a student must make a name change.
- A student may use or change to a legal name. Each name used at WMU will remain on the permanent record. Legal proof is required (e.g. marriage license, divorce papers, driver's license).
To update your address
- login to GoWMU using your Bronco NetID and password,
- click on 'View/update My Personal Information',
- click on 'View/Update Addresses and Phones',
- or come in to the Registrar's Office with ID
Each Western Michigan University student is responsible for maintaining a correct mailing address with the University.
This address is used for all refunds. Mail is sent to the local address fall/spring semesters. With the exception, that during holidays, information will be sent to the permanent address.
Home or permanent
This address is used for all tuition bills. Monthly statements for enrolled students are available on the web site. All monthly statements for non-enrolled students will be mailed to the home address.
To ensure your W-2 is sent to your correct address, please update your address via the Employee or Banner Self Service function.