Common concerns: answers to FAQ by students


General information

How does WMU define Full-time and Part-time status?


  • Fall/spring – full-time is 12 hours
  • Summer I or  II – full-time is 6 hours


  • Fall/Spring – full-time is 6 hours; half-time is 3 hours
  • Summer I or II – full-time is 3 hours, half-time is 2 hours

Is there a calendar available for specific semester dates?

You can view University calendars online. The University retains the right to make changes.

How can I get information on student aid?

Student aid is available in many different areas has areas of specific help to students. Make that your first place to look. If you are looking for financial aid information, try

Where can I get my questions answered concerning my tuition/bill?

Students can log in to the GoWMU portal with their user name and Western ID number. From the Home tab they can click on the Payment and Account Information link. This is the place students can manage their student account activity; view invoices and statements, make payments, and set up authorized users (parents, employers, etc.).

Questions related to your statement from WMU should be directed to Bronco Express, 269-387-6000, or visit the Bronco Express office on the main floor of the Bernhard Center.

How do I give my parents access to view/pay my tuition bill?

Get directions on creating an authorized user.

I have questions concerning on-campus housing, who should I contact?

  • Off campus life 269 387-2336
  • Residence Hall Life (269) 387-4735
  • WMU Campus apartments(269) 387-2175
  • Housing and dining services

Back to faq

Visit related WMU sites

There is a lot more to see! Visit some of our friends at WMU to learn about academics, costs of attendance, and campus life.

Office of the Registrar
1903 W Michigan Ave
Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5256 USA
269 387-4300 | 269 387-3545