University Specific Opportunities
College Research Opportunities
Honors Students Across Colleges
Student Related Research
- Michigan Space Grant Consortium - The Consortium offers research and public service fellowships to graduate and undergraduate students at affiliate institutions in aerospace, space science, mathematics and other science or engineering related fields as well as to students working on educational research topics in mathematics, science, or technology.
- National Conference on Undergraduate Research - Undergraduate research has become an important pedagogy for teaching and engaging undergraduate students and revitalizing the curriculum.
- NSF STEP - The STEM Talent Expansion Program, STEP, assists first- time, first-year students majoring in STEM to make the transition from high school to college. The STEP grant includes learning communities, mentoring, and similar support programs to encourage a sense of community. Recruiting students from community colleges in southwest Michigan is an important component of the program designed to increase the number of under-represented engineering and applied sciences students.
- HHMI - Experiencing Research for Teaching Science (ExpeRTS) is for undergraduate students interested in pursuing a teaching profession in chemistry, biological sciences, or physics. Students will be selected to participate as Fellows in the ExpeRTS program, which is funded by the Howard Hughes Medical Institute.
- NSF Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) - Undergraduate students can apply to participate in Interdisciplinary Research in Environmental Signal Transduction during a 10-week summer program sponsored by the National Science Foundation.