International Travel Clinic
The International Travel Clinic at Sindecuse Health Center welcomes you!
We provide immunizations and comprehensive education about your destination to enhance your travel experience, maximizing your knowledge and minimizing your risk of disease and illness.
Our doors are open to WMU and the greater Kalamazoo community, for travelers age 12 and older.
If you have an appointment, here are directions to Sindecuse Health Center.
- Apply for your passport as soon as you decide to take your trip.
- Schedule travel appointment eight weeks prior to travel – call (269) 387-3393.
Scheduling staff will need information regarding countries you are visiting, departure date, etc. to make your appointment.
- We will need to have a list of allergies, any current medication and list of current chronic diseases to be brought to your travel appointment.
About travel appointments:
Remember to eat something before the visit if you are receiving vaccinations. Also, if you are late to an appointment – it may have to be rescheduled.
- Initial appointments are scheduled for 75 minutes
- Repeat appointments may be necessary for additional immunizations
- Bring your past immunization records and WMU ID (if applicable)
- There is a 20–30 minutes wait required after all immunizations are administered
During your appointment:
- We review your travel itinerary, immunization record, and individual health needs – and equip you with a personal travel portfolio.
- We advise you on current recommendations and/or requirements for immunizations – e.g. malaria prophylaxis and prevention.
- We administer immunizations you need, and provide International Certificates of Immunization.
- We provide information on treating travel-related illnesses.
Immunizations and vaccines
We can administer all immunizations currently available in the United States including, but not limited to:
We are an official Yellow Fever Immunization Center.
- Hepatitis A and B
- Japanese Encephalitis
- Measles, Mumps & Rubella
- Pneumovax (doctor's order needed)
- TB testing
- Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis (Tdap)
- Typhoid oral or injection
- Varicella (Chicken Pox)
- Shingles (doctor's order needed)
Consultations are available Monday–Friday.
Call (269) 387-3393 to initiate your appointment process.
BRING THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION TO YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- your travel itinerary
- past immunization records
- a list of current medications and health conditions
Travel consultation appointments are most beneficial when scheduled at least four to six weeks prior to your departure date. This assures adequate time for immunizations to become effective.
We bill for initial and subsequent visits separately from any immunizations administered. You may pay by cash, check or credit card – charges may be applied to your student account. Check with your insurance carrier to see what may be covered.
If you would like to know more, please call our nursing staff at (269)387-3393.
Traveler - use this site to get important information
on your destination! Learn about the region's risks and
how to protect your health before going there.