The Department of Sociology at Western Michigan University offers internships which help prepare students for graduate school or careers in sociology and criminal justice.
Sorry, but the deadline to apply for an Internship for Summer 2016 was Monday, February 8, 2016!
The deadline to apply for an Internship for Fall 2016 is Monday, March 14, 2016, however:
THE DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR AN INTERNSHIP FOR FALL 2016 HAS BEEN EXTENDED UNTIL MONDAY, MARCH 21, 2016!!!
Intern applicants must do the following by the deadline:
- Submit application form (select one)
- Criminal justice internship application packet
- Sociology internship application packet
- Included with the application will be a one to two page narrative on how an internship will further your career goals. This narrative is one of the most important parts of your application. The hiring agencies will be using your narrative to decide if they will even chose to interview you. It is highly recommended that you write clearly, precisely and articulately when stating your goals. Also you should have NO typographical or grammatical errors. Be sure you proofread this paper carefully before submitting to the office.
- Attend the group meeting
- Attend the group orientation meeting for prospective interns held in the sociology office, 3311 Sangren Hall.
- The meetings for Fall Internships will be on Wednesday, March 16 at 10:00 a.m. OR Wednesday, March 23 at 11:00 a.m. You may pick which to attend.
- Be prepared to attend an individual meeting with Ann Browning to be held in her office immediately after the group meeting. Dress is casual.
Your application must be delivered to the Department of Sociology at Western Michigan University in 3311 Sangren Hall or emailed to Ann Browning, by the deadline listed above.