School of Public Affairs and Administration
Mission: The School of Public Affairs and Administration (SPAA) is committed to improving the quality of public and nonprofit service. In a diverse and inclusive community, the mission of the SPAA is to provide learning and discovery opportunities which advance the knowledge and use of professional ethics, best theories, policies and practices for public and nonprofit organizations in order to create and support societies of respect, liberty, justice and equality.
Values: As a part of the College of Arts and Sciences, the SPAA embraces the college’s values of global engagement, community participation, creativity and innovation, integrity, diversity, excellence, sustainability, and social responsibility. In keeping with our mission as a School of Public Affairs and Administration (SPAA) committed to improving the quality of public and nonprofit service, we uniquely value:
- The common good
- Democratic governance and liberty
- Ethical leadership, decision-making and administrative practice
- Advocacy for social justice
- Plurality of ideas and perspectives
- Collaborative teaching, research, and service
- The intersection of theory and practice
- The multi-year course plan has been updated to reflect our curriculum changes. Please review the new plan, and schedule an appointment with an advisor if your last plan does not match the revised course plan.
- The School of Public Afafirs and Adminsitration is now accepting Graduate Assistant applications for the fall 2014 and spring 2015 semesters. We are looking for candidates that are competent in the use of various social media platforms. Experience with website design programs such as Adobe Dreamweaver and Drupal CMS is also desired.
- If you are traveling to Walwood Hall for an appointment, please note that Lot 1 has been closed due to the construction on East Campus. Alternative parking can be found in Lot 10 (football stadium parking), Lot 11 (Little Theatre parking), or Lot 12 (medical center parking). Please call (269) 387-8930 with any questions.
- Check out the Scholarships page for the recently posted scholarships.