The Department of Spanish at Western Michigan University offers the following undergraduate programs.
- SPAN 4400 provides students with a valuable opportunity to utilize and improve their Spanish language skills through internship or service experience in the Kalamazoo community.
The department encourages students to study abroad.
- Refer to the catalog year for your specific program.
- Online placement and/or monitored test-out exams are required before enrolling in any Spanish course.
- Spanish majors must satisfy WMU's baccalaureate writing
requirement by successfully completing SPAN 3750, Hispanic Literature in English Translation (taught in English), or LANG 3750, Foreign
Literature in English Translation (taught in English).
- Only courses in which a grade of C or better is obtained will be counted toward a Spanish major or minor.
Scholarships and awards
Undergraduate students may apply for scholarships and awards with the department and outside of the department.