Teaching assistantships in Spanish
eligible for this Teaching
Assistantship award, a student must be fully admitted to a graduate degree program
in Spanish at Western Michigan University for the term(s) for which the award is
given. The student must maintain good academic standing (a minimum GPA of 3.0)
during the term of the assistantship.
- Grade point average is a criterion for selection. Teaching
assistantships are awarded
to beginning graduate students with undergraduate GPAs in Spanish of 3.25 or above.
- The term for
teaching assistantships in the Department of Spanish is one academic
year (fall semester and the following spring semester).
- An appointment requires enrollment in at least six graduate credit hours per semester.
Teaching assignments will consist of three Spanish courses during the academic year
(one 4-hour course during one semester, two 4-hour courses during the other semester).
- To apply, print out and complete the
teaching assistantship application
form. Type or print information clearly.
- Mail or fax the completed application to Dr. Patricia Montilla, Department of Spanish,
1903 W. Michigan Avenue, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5338.
Fax: (269) 387-3103.
- Applications should be submitted by February 15 for those planning to enroll
for the fall semester and October 15 for those planning to enroll for the
spring semester. The department may consider late applications if enrollment is not