The Department of Speech Pathology and Audiology at Western Michigan University seeks candidates for assistant/associate professor of audiology, tenure track, academic year. Rank will be determined by the selected finalist’s credentials.
- Doctoral degree in hearing science, audiology or a closely related field is required
- Demonstrate a potential for continued scholarly productivity and securing grant funding in an audiology/communication sciences and disorders area
- Expertise in hearing science, hearing disorders and/or treatment is preferred
- Teaching at University level desired
- Clinical experience, CCC-A and/or state licensure or eligibility is desired
- Teach undergraduate and/or graduate courses
- Sustained productivity and growth in research and grant writing
- Supervise Au.D. student research projects and contribute to clinical aspects of the program
- Service to the department, the University, the profession and the community
- Contribute to an interdisciplinary environment of research, instruction and community collaborations
The Department of Speech Pathology and Audiology enrolls approximately 24 students in the four-year Au.D. program, 60 students in the M.A. speech-language pathology program, and 100 undergraduate majors. Both the speech-language pathology program and the audiology program are ranked in the top 50 programs nationwide. The programs are accredited in audiology and speech-language pathology by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology. Opportunities exist for inter-professional collaborations across the University and with the Western Michigan University School of Medicine.
Western Michigan University, located in Southwest Michigan, is a vibrant, nationally recognized student-centered research institution with an enrollment of nearly 25,000. WMU delivers high-quality undergraduate instruction, has a strong graduate division, and fosters significant research activities. The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching has placed WMU among the 76 public institutions in the nation designated as research universities with high research activities.
Competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience, with an excellent benefits package.
Expected start date
Fall semester 2014 (Aug. 18, 2014)
Applications will be accepted until Feb. 17, 2014
Please visit WMU Jobs for detailed information and application procedures. This posting number is 0602494.
Western Michigan University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer consistent with applicable federal and state law. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.