Summer 2013 cohort
Fish Ninja Labs builds innovative products using technology to enhance the aquarium experience. We believe the market is ready for a new outlook on home aquariums. Our first product will be a total aquarium management system that provides you with the ability to greatly reduce tank maintenance, worry and guess work. The product is a small device that sits on the back of the tank and does all the heavy lifting, while providing features to enhance your aquarium experience. Some of the primary features include monitoring and maintaining tank temperature and verifying water circulation, monitoring water levels, handling light cycling, handling feedings, providing a Web cam for feed-time viewings with OnDemand feeding, sending push notifications when anything goes wrong and an optional nitrate probe for monitoring water changes.
- Nate Norman, sales and business marketing, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mike Roussin, master's of engineering management, email@example.com
- Charles Washburn, engineering design technology, firstname.lastname@example.org
What if we could keep our cats entertained and out of trouble whenever we’re away or simply don’t have time to play? Kitty Ninja is a unique toy that amuses and captivates even the most fickle cats, letting them play on their own schedules. It includes a soft, freely spinning roller with dangling ribbons that cats endlessly chase and attack—modeled after that forbidden roll of toilet paper cats love to unravel. Kitty Ninja enables cats to be active, healthy and happy. It’s more than a toy; Kitty Ninja is an investment in your cat’s well-being.
- Erik Chmelar, master's of business administration, email@example.com
RGroup is a phone app to regroup with your friends when you’re out and about. It is perfect for music festivals, theme parks, the mall or any large event where you need to stay in contact with your group. Never go looking through the crowds again. The fastest way back to friends is in your pocket with RGroup.
- John Fry, master's of business administration, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ryan McNally, master's of business administration, email@example.com
- Pawel Majkowski, master's of business administration, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ashley Agler, master's in earth science, email@example.com
As a personal price tracker, Xcheapskate takes the stress out of bargain hunting, saving individuals time and money. The company is accomplishing this feat by developing a Web and a mobile app that uses geo-location to find the best prices on individual menu items from multiple restaurants within the user’s proximity.