Bernhard Center Solicitation Policy
Solicitation in the Bernhard Center (BC) is defined as the distributing of promotional materials for events, the selling of goods and/or services, the taking of orders or collecting of money from anyone other than members of a sponsoring organization, collecting ideas or opinions in surveys, petitions or other formats, distributing political information, or the proselytizing of religious or spiritual beliefs. Solicitation in the BC must be conducted according to the following guidelines:
- Solicitation and the distribution of promotional materials may only take place in designated solicitation zones in the BC, see diagrams attached.
- Distribution of promotional materials includes, but is not limited to handing out flyers, distributing informational material, or giving away promotional trinkets.
- Information Table Requests
- Lower Level. Requests to reserve a table and to solicit in solicitation zones on the Lower Level (Bronco Mall level) must be made through SALP Resource and Graphic Design Center: www.wmich.edu/activities/tables.html.
- 1st level. Requests to reserve a table and solicit in a solicitation zone on the 1st level must be made through the Bernhard Center Reservations Office, Room 150: www.wmich.edu/studentcenter/reservation/.
- Solicitation may not interfere with the educational activities of the University.
- Solicitation of ideas, petitions, or surveys should be consistent with the University mission and should not be disruptive. Solicitors must not use hard sale tactics or aggressively approach & engage patrons outside the bounds of their solicitation zone.
- Sales of goods and products may be conducted in the BC in designated solicitation table locations if such is not in competition with products or services offered in the BC. Food and/or beverages may not be sold or distributed from designated solicitation tables.
- Campus groups will be given first priority for space usage or rental.
- All solicitation must comply with University, state, and federal regulations.
- Only registered student organizations and University departments may reserve solicitation space on the Bernhard Center Main Level (adjacent to the Bernhard Center Café). A member of the sponsoring organization must be present at the table at all times during the reservation(s).
|Main Level Solicitation Zone
||Lower Level Solicitation Zone
Approved by the Bernhard Center Advisory Board, April 2012