Disability Services for Students
The Disability Services for Students office is committed to assisting students with disabling conditions in their pursuit of educational and career goals, as well as personal development. Services include:
- Academic adjustments/accommodations.
- Access to adaptive computer equipment.
- Campus and community liaison, referral and advocacy services.
- Campus accessibility information.
- Class scheduling assistance and priority registration.
- Short-term on-campus transportation for persons with temporary disabilities.
Diversity and inclusion
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion is a resource for all Western Michigan University faculty, staff and students. The office offers a number of programs to the WMU community on various topics including, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, disability and religious tolerance. Available programs include:
- Disability film series
- Gender identity training
- Real Talk Diversity Series
- Safe on campus training
Faith and spiritual development
Kanley Chapel is a public inter-faith facility located at the heart of the WMU campus. The chapel represents the University's dedication and encouragement of personal and spiritual development, and to offer a complete educational experience for its students.
International Student Activities
The International Student Activities office, in collaboration with the student-run International Programs Council, facilitates regular and ongoing international activities on campus, such as an International Festival and a week-long celebration of International Education Week.
Lesbian, bisexual, gay and transgender services
The Office of Lesbian, Bisexual, Gay and Transgender Student Services is committed to promoting an open and affirming environment inclusive of the diversity of sexual orientation and gender identity on campus.
The Division of Multicultural Affairs serves as an information resource on the role and value of diversity in education for WMU, and for the greater Kalamazoo communities. The unit focus is on:
- Academic progress monitoring.
- Employment and internships.
- Events and programs that promote cultural awareness.
- Mentor and peer mentor programs.
- Networking opportunities.
- One-on-one tutoring.
- Support for student organizations.
- Scholarship information.