The Gilman Scholarship provides study abroad and internship awards to undergraduate students who are receiving Federal Pell Grants. Gilman awards up to $4000 for fall and spring study abroad programs and $3000 for summer programs. WMU has students receive Gilman awards almost every semester, often thanks to the application advising offered in the Haenicke Institute for Global Education. Dr. Michelle Metro-Roland, Director of Faculty and Global Program Development, serves as the Gilman advisor and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pell Grant recipient during the term of study abroad
- In the process of applying to, or accepted for, a study abroad or internship program
- Minimum program length of 21 days in the same country
- U.S. citizen.
- Online application
- Official transcripts for current university
- Two essays
a. Statement of purpose
b. Follow-up service project
- March for summer, fall and year-long study abroad programs.
- October for spring and summer study abroad programs.
Contact Dr. Michelle Metro-Roland for an appointment to discuss the application process at email@example.com
Review www.gilmanscholarship.org/ to learn more.