The Gilman Scholarship provides study abroad and internship awards to undergraduate students who are receiving Federal Pell Grants. Gilman awards up to $4,000 for fall and spring study abroad programs and $3,000 for summer programs. WMU has students receive Gilman awards almost every semester, often thanks to the application advising offered by WMU Study Abroad. Dr. Lee Penyak, Director of Study Abroad, serves as the Gilman advisor and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pell Grant recipient during the term of study abroad
- In the process of applying to, or accepted for, a study abroad or internship program
- Minimum program length of 21 days in the same country
- U.S. citizen
- Online application
- Official transcripts for current university
- Two essays
a. Statement of purpose
b. Follow-up service project
- March for summer, fall and year-long study abroad programs.
- October for spring and summer study abroad programs.
Contact Dr. Lee Penyak for an appointment to discuss the application process at email@example.com.
Review www.gilmanscholarship.org/ to learn more.