Thank you for your interest in pursuing an exchange opportunity with Western Michigan University.
The University has active exchange agreements with 30 international partners and highly values the mutual benefit drawn through student mobility and faculty exchanges.
WMU exchange program staff
- Dr. Lee M. Penyak, director of study abroad, is the main contact for international exchange students applying to WMU. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Students applying for a WMU exchange program will work with the appropriate WMU study abroad specialist.
Incoming exchange students must be nominated by their home institutions. Please work closely with the international office in your home institution to secure a nomination and to prepare your application materials, which the international office will send to WMU. Only applications coming from the international office of the exchange partner university will be accepted for exchange seats. Information.
- Undergraduate students—Cumulative GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Graduate students—Cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Exceptions can only be made with prior approval of WMU Study Abroad.
- TOEFL score of 80 iBT (550 PBT) or higher to enroll in regular academic classes (does not apply to ESL applicants).
- TOEFL score of 61 iBT (500 PBT) to enroll in ESL course and regular academic classes concurrently.
Comprehensive application information for incoming students is outlined in the steps below.
- Application process
- English language requirements
- Course information and selection
- Tuition and fees waiver
- Health care and insurance
- WMU academic calendar
- International Student Handbook
- Things to bring
- Ordering your WMU transcript
Learn more about WMU