Talk to Students in:
Talk to students who are:
Talk to students in who are active in:
" A scholarly community dedicated to excellence
through student-centered education and research emphasizing professional
practice in engineering and
• A scholarly community means we are an academic community of students,
faculty, staff, and other constituents who demonstrate scholarship
in one or more of
its forms known as discovery, integration, application, and
• Dedicated to excellence points out our desire and commitment to top performance in all we do.
• Through student centered education and research emphasizes that our university and our college place the student at the center in two primary areas of education and research, and we intend to achieve excellence through this focus.
• Emphasizing professional engineering practice acknowledges and embraces our traditional strength of providing our students with knowledge and experience that enables them to easily transition to the workplace and rapidly become contributing members of their profession.
• To educate our learning community
for life-long excellence in responsible professional leadership.
Our primary mission
is education for the entire learning
which includes students, faculty, staff and the other
constituencies we embrace.
• To increase knowledge through collaborative discovery, integration, application, and teaching. Our second mission of knowledge generation can be expressed through the fourfold scholarship model of discovery, integration, application and teaching.
• To serve as a resource and partner to our constituents. Our service mission calls us to be source and sustenance as we support our constituents both on and off campus in win-win partnerships.
• To prepare job-ready graduates for the global market. We have consistently scored high in the ability of our graduates to adjust to the workplace and quickly contribute at a high level to their profession. We want to ensure they are prepared to meet the challenges of a global economy.