Job Title: Clinical Trauma Interventionist
Reports to: Clinical Supervisor and Director
Hours: 40 hours per week
General Description: The Southwest Michigan Children’s Trauma Assessment Center (CTAC) is part of the Unified Clinics at Western Michigan University. The Clinical Trauma Interventionist serves as clinical staff on a trans-disciplinary team (including social work, occupational therapy, speech-language pathology, nursing and medicine) in order to provide comprehensive trauma assessments for children ages 0-17.
- Participate in CTAC clinical assessments.
- Participate in team pre- and post-assessment meetings (sharing of child histories, assignment of assessments, and gathering of materials for individual cases, review of day).
- Conduct comprehensive complex trauma assessments with clinical staff and CTAC interns, which include administration and scoring of the various tools, interviews of caregivers/caseworkers, administration/supervision of psychosocial interviews, attachment observations and processing the assessment.
- Complete trauma assessment reports in a timely manner, including reviewing, editing and providing feedback.
- Assist with training and supervision of student interns in the assessment and report writing process.
- Complete interviews with biological parents, foster parents and child welfare professionals when needed.
- Participate in scheduled clinical supervision, staff meetings and professional development.
- Assist with other special projects and duties as assigned.
- Excellent writing skills are essential. Candidate will be asked for a writing sample during the interview process.
- Experience working with youth and families from diverse backgrounds.
- Basic understanding of youth development and trauma in children.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a high-stress environment.
- Ability to communicate well with others.
- Must be able to work successfully on a team as well as independently.
- Display cultural/social sensitivity skills.
A successful candidate will have a master’s degree in occupational therapy, speech-language pathology, social work or related field. Previous experience working with children preferred. Appropriate licensure or certification, or progress towards appropriate licensure or certification also required.
Southwest Michigan Children’s Trauma Assessment Center (CTAC) is a part of Western Michigan University, which is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer.
We encourage qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply: Please email cover letter and resume to Kimberly.firstname.lastname@example.org.