WMU Travel

WMU Travel

Student Travel

Student University Authorized Trips

Student travel which is a part of organized course instruction, may be taken to visit places of interest. Student participation is on a voluntary basis and students must cover their own cost. Prior authorization must be obtained by following the travel authorization process as with all University Travel. Students' age 20 and older may drive Hertz rental vehicles on authorized field trips. Students’ ages 18-19 may drive selected Hertz rental vehicles for a fee. Please note however that University insurance IS NOT provided on student-owned vehicles.

Study Abroad and Overseas Internships

Study Abroad through the Diether H. Haenicke Institute for Global Education assist more than 500 WMU students annually participate in study abroad programs, including overseas internships, in more than 35 countries. All travel would be coordinated by the Diether H. Haenicke Institute for Global Education.


WMU Travel
Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5203 USA
(269) 387-2154 | (269) 387-4299 Fax