Home > WMU News >
Miller Auditorium announces 2009-10 season
June 3, 2009
KALAMAZOO--Western Michigan University's Miller Auditorium
recently announced its 2009-10 season lineup. The 3,485-seat
performance venue will bring the best of Broadway and other highly
acclaimed musicals, comedies, family shows and dance troupes
from around the world to West Michigan in its 41st annniversary
Season subscription packages are on sale now. Those renewing their subscriptions will receive priority seating through the end of June. Single-show tickets
will go on sale several weeks before each performance.
information about individual performances or subscription options,
visit millerauditorium.com or call the Miller Auditorium Ticket Office at (269) 387-2300.
2009-10 Broadway shows at Miller Auditorium
"The Wedding Singer"
Tuesday and Wednesday, Oct 20-21--This
Tony Award-winning musical takes the audience back to the '80s, when hair was big, greed was good, collars were up, and a wedding singer just might be the coolest guy in the room.
"Cirque Dreams Illumination"
Tuesday, Dec. 8--The stage is set ablaze with lights and activities as everyday occurrences are transformed into astounding feats performed by an international cast of world-class acrobats, athletes, musicians and one of a kind artists.
Tuesday and Wednesday, Jan. 19-20--This internationally acclaimed eight-member troupe uses everything but conventional percussion instruments--matchboxes, wooden poles, brooms, garbage cans, Zippo lighters, hubcaps and more--to fill the stage with explosive, sophisticated rhythms.
"Menopause the Musical"
Friday through Sunday, Jan. 29-31--Back by popular demand, this international hit production follows four women at a lingerie sale with nothing in common but a black lace bra, hot flashes, memory loss, chocolate binges and more. This 90-minute musical comedy keeps the audience entertained with parodies of classics from the '60s, '70s and '80s.
Disney's "Beauty and the Beast"
Tuesday through Thursday, Feb. 23-25--Based on the Academy Award-winning animated feature film, this hit Broadway musical has won the hearts of more than 35 million people worldwide with its classic love story, unforgettable characters and lavish sets.
"The Rat Pack is Back"
Friday and Saturday, March 19-20--This spirited tribute recreates one of the famous "Summit at the Sands" hotel shows, when the swinging group known as the "Rat Pack" was creating pop legend with a free-wheeling, no-holds-barred nightclub act starring Vegas' four favorite sons: Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr., Dean Martin and Joey Bishop.
Wednesday and Thursday, April 21-22--Dubbed "one of the funniest shows you're ever likely to see" by Entertainment Weekly, this Tony Award-winning musical is about trying to make it in the big city with a tiny bank account. The show features a cast of people and puppets who tell the story in a smart, risque and downright entertaining way.
2009-10 Spotlight performances
- Jeff Foxworthy--Friday, Sept. 25
- Glenn Miller Orchestra--Friday, Oct. 9
- "Tales from the Field" with Jeff Corwin--Sunday, Oct. 18
- Sophie Milman--Thursday, Oct. 29
- "Midwest Comedy Slam"--Saturday, Oct. 31
- Frank Warren's "PostSecret"--Wednesday, Nov. 4
- Celtic Woman, "Isle of Hope"--Saturday, Nov. 7
- Sweet Honey in the Rock with GospelFest Choir--Friday, Nov. 13
- Neil Berg's "100 Years of Broadway"--Saturday, Nov. 21
- "Christmas Music of Mannheim Steamroller"--Saturday, Nov. 28
- "A Christmas Carol"--Saturday, Dec. 5
- "The Oak Ridge Boys Christmas"--Friday, Dec. 11
- Moscow Festival Ballet's "Sleeping Beauty"--Sunday, Jan. 24
- "Love, Gold Company Style"--Saturday, Feb. 13
- Ballet Folklorico de Mexico--Sunday, March 7
- Nickelodeon's "Storytime Live"--Sunday, March 21
- "An Evening with Garrison Keillor"--Wednesday, April 14
For more information, visit millerauditorium.com.
Media contact: Bethany Gauthier (269) 387-2245, email@example.com
Office of University Relations
Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5433 USA